We believe innovation comes from both within and outside of an organization
Many times looking outside of your own universe sparks new reflections and plants the seeds for new ways to tackle long-standing challenges. So when VivaTech 2018 was in Paris we knew that it was necessary to see what was the latest and greatest in the French and international start-up world. And we were not disappointed, we were awed, inspired and refreshed.
Three major themes stood out at VivaTech
- Open innovation: inter-company collaboration is a market trend now well established.
- RGPD: entered into force on May 25, the General Regulation on Data Protection may be perceived as a potential constraint by some companies, but a flock of start-ups are already surfing on the protection of personal data.
- Tech For Good: At the opening of the show, the President of France, Emmanuel Macron, emphasized the need for benevolent technologies, refocused on respect for people and the environment.
Five things that captured our attention
- Artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning and deep learning: big data is the holy grail for companies (our take on the importance of big data)!
- Augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR), holograms: we immediately noticed the possibility to simplify the transmission and understanding of the message during collaborative work.
- Man-machine interactions: remarkable solutions, including Go Touch VR, enable interactive VR interaction by touching and connected smartboards facilitate creative team work.
- Digitalization and data-ization of retail and e-commerce is well under way (e.g., Oyst won the 2018 LVMH Innovation Award).
- Blockchain, to secure the data (e.g., VeChain).