Description of the offer
Field of activitySales
LocationAtlanta, Georgia , United States
Working typeFull time
Experience required5-7 years
Account Director AutomotiveJob description
The Account Director’s primary function is to increase Lectra’s business share by selling solutions that create value for our automotive customers. This includes selling solutions/projects using various combinations of the company’s broad product and services portfolio. This position will also be responsible for developing and implementing account strategies and plans, scheduling “C” level meetings, converting non-aligned customers, and selling lean manufacturing initiatives thereby maintaining Lectra’s market leading position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Within a focused select list of automotive accounts, the Account Manager will:
- Achieve and exceed his/her objectives by applying the sales strategy of Lectra.
- Strengthen existing business and aggressively develop new business within assigned accounts in order to increase the share of wallet, create qualified references, and carry out horizontal penetration of Lectra solutions.
- Build and develop strong relationships and intimacy with the customer’s “c” level executives.
- Manage long, complex sales cycles and multiple engagements simultaneously.
- Complete account plans that proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates customer needs.
- Collaborate with management, marketing and professional services to identifying new project opportunities, lean initiatives, and continued contract alignment
- Utilize a formal CRP process which includes listening and probing skills to identify and assess customer needs. Exercise sound judgment to analyze and identify solid opportunities in line with our strategy while completing a toll gate process.
- Use a CRM on a weekly basis to manage opportunities, develop overall pipeline, forecast quarterly business closures, and provide opportunity updates & activities.
Internal & External Relations
Works extensively with external clients. Interacts frequently with Lectra Headquarters, across Lectra’s subsidiaries and with the North America Sales, Marketing, and Professional Services teams.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Four-year Degree and/or equivalent relevant experience, preferably in Business or Engineering.
- 8-10 years of experience in selling to industrial manufacturing customers (B2B) and 5 years of experience of managing strategic accounts with global scope.
- Proven track record achieving sales targets and building strong customer relationships with large, international key accounts.
- Experience selling capital equipment, annual contracts and consulting projects.
- Experience with long sales cycle utilizing value selling and total cost of ownership selling techniques preferred.
- CRM software experience required.
- Knowledge of Computer Aided Design (CAD) and CAM Software.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing /6 Sigma.
- Knowledge of the automotive manufacturing industry is preferable.
- Strong sales and negotiation skills
- Proven ability to identify, develop and sell project opportunities involving international customer organizations
- Comfortable talking to all level including top managers and leaders in organizations
- Strong leadership and business strategy thinking.
- Displays a high level of energy and sense of urgency to contribute to the company’s goals. Relentless commitment and passion to the company and our clients.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including “C” level sales and presentation skills.
- Ability to qualify needs and translate into solutions for the customer.
- Charismatic, bright and analytical with a “can-do” mentality.
- Well networked in the Automotive industry (Preferable)
- The position is based in Atlanta, Georgia but could require international travel
- There will be 70% of traveling required to customer sites/Lectra offices.