Description of the offer
Field of activitySales
LocationSingapore , Singapore
Working typeFull time
Experience required6-10 years
Business Development ManagerJob description
The Business Development Manager’s primary function is to drive key strategic initiatives to develop and sell Lectra solutions to global and local customers in the Footwear market. Lectra Solutions help our customers reach operational excellence in the soft materials cutting value chain. The business development manager will be accountable for the growth of sales in our Footwear customers, pairing with Account Managers to develop this type of opportunities within their accounts. His/her main mission will be to lobby large Asian footwear accounts to introduce Lectra digital cutting solutions. Therefore, the Business Development Manager will need to travel and visit headquarters and plants of brands and manufacturers across Asia (China, Indonesia, Vietnam, Taiwan, Korea, etc.)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Business Development Manager is expected to:
- Drive the key strategic initiative to sell Lectra solutions in Footwear market, working in a transversal role with the local and global business development organization, and local and global consultant teams
- Achieve or exceed Lectra global sales objectives for Lectra solutions in the Footwear market
- Develop a sales attack plan for Lectra solutions
- Coach and drive the field sales force and local sales management in identifying, qualifying and closing Lectra solutions sales to customers.
- Strengthen the adhesion and compliance to Lectra Sales methodology (CRP - Customer Relationship Process ) and consultative approach, in particular by participating and challenging sales stage gates reviews presented by account managers
- Transfer knowledge to account managers on project sales
- Coordinate activities of consulting business development managers in the field
- Develop intimacy with customers, brands and professional associations, at factory and HQ level.
- Make sur that Lectra “earns the right to sell “ at company level and not just at personal level.
- Internal & External Relations
- Work very closely and directly with Lectra Sales and Professional Services Team.
- Interact regularly with Lectra customers, brands and professional associations, in cooperation with account managers
- Understand and master customers’ decision process
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Four-year Degree (Master) and/or equivalent relevant experience, preferably with Industrial Engineering majors, coupled with a business master
- 5 to 10 years’ experience minimum in direct sales positions, selling consulting in a manufacturing environment internationally
- Proven track record of sales targets achievement, business development success and building of strong customer relationships with B2B accounts – existing customers and prospects
- Mastery of sales consultative, value and strategic selling fundamentals, with required field experience and concrete application
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing techniques would be ideal.
- Proficiency of key account management and planning methodologies, in the B2B space is preferred
- Use and experience with major CRM software required - expertise in Salesforce.com preferred
- Real team player with an entrepreneurship spirit, and used to corporate space
- Result driven and displays a high level of energy and sense of urgency to drive sales to closure.
- Relentless commitment and passion for the company’s ambitions, its strategy and clients / markets
- Able to challenge tradition with clear and coherent arguments while achieving respect from colleagues
- Charismatic, bright and analytical mind with a “can-do” attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including “C” level type presentation skills
- Must be computer literate (Windows, Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.)
- Must be fluent in English and Chinese (Mandarin)