Description of the offer
Field of activityInformation System
LocationTolland, CT , United States
Working typeFull time
Experience required7-10 years
Principle Engineer - USA (Req# 2021-5200)Job description
Lectra develops premium solutions that give fashion, automotive and furniture companies the means to embark on Industry 4.0 with confidence. We empower brands, manufacturers and retailers, providing them with the market respect and peace of mind they deserve. Lectra offers Collection Design, Manufacturing and Management solutions (CAD, CAM, PLM, PIM, DAM), Cutting Room solutions and Competitive Intelligence solutions. Founded in 1973, today Lectra has more than 30 subsidiaries across the globe, serving customers in over 100 countries. With 1,750 employees, Lectra reported revenues of €240 million in 2020. Lectra is listed on Euronext (LSS).+
In June 2021, Lectra acquired Gerber Technology, a USA-based company founded in 1968. Like Lectra, Gerber Technology develops software and automation solutions for fashion, automotive, furniture and other businesses across the globe.
By uniting, Lectra and Gerber Technology will become the ultimate Industry 4.0 partner for their customers.
We are seeking a qualified individual to join our multidisciplinary Engineering team. Use your creativity to innovate, solve problems and design new solutions for Gerber’s Single-Ply automated systems. Apply your software skills in a variety of areas including the development of multi-threaded applications, graphical user interface design, networking/communications interfaces, process control and embedded motion controllers.
The candidate must possess a strong software engineering background with a proven track record in the design and development of medium to large scale software systems MFC based applications and DLL’s. In addition to designing, coding, testing, and debugging software, responsibilities include specifying and developing high-level architectures as well as participating in and conducting design reviews and code reviews. Other responsibilities include evaluating and tuning servo-based motion control systems. The ability to work effectively in a team environment is essential, as is the ability to work independently. Strong written and oral communications skills are required. To be considered for this position, the candidate must be willing to occasionally travel domestically and internationally.
- B.S. (M.S. preferred) in Computer Science or a related engineering discipline.
- A minimum of 10 years in a software development role.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a real-time software development role preferred
- Experience developing object-oriented applications in C++ and C# for .NET.
- Experience with multi-threaded application development.
- Experience with large-scale MFC application development
- Experience with real-time software development for Windows
- Experience with Microsoft’s Team Foundation Server and Visual Studio development tools, including version control and work item tracking.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
The following skills are a plus:
- Experience with Microsoft COM
- Experience developing motion control software
- Experience with WCF, WPF and Windows Workflow Foundation
- Exposure to Design Patterns
- Unit testing and test-driven development
- Experience with EtherCAT or other distributed controls solutions
- Experience with rapid prototyping of hardware/software systems
- Experience with MATLAB
Lectra is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to foster a workforce that accepts and respects differences. We provide equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, language, religion, age, sex, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, ancestry, citizenship, or political opinion.
Please apply at https://careers-lectra.icims.com/