Field Service Engineer
Field of activity:
The Field Service Engineer is the technical expert of Lectra’s high-tech cutting solutions.
This position’s main objective is to guarantee smooth running and availability of Lectra’s machines, after installation within the customer’s site. In order to ensure the best level of performance on Lectra systems, the field engineer has to work on make on site interventions to analyze, diagnose & solve problems in an effective way and ensure a preventive maintenance according to the service contracts.
All interventions are led to make our customers satisfied with our good service quality and with our machines’ performance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Install CAD/CAM equipments;
• Provide the connection and the parameter adjustment of equipments;
• Control the quality of the resolution; Ability to aanalyze, diagnose & troubleshoot issues on the equipment and close service request
• Assure the best availability and performance of the Lectra system and maintain & monitor requirement of consumable & spare parts for the installed base the service engineer is in charge of;
• Guarantee the new equipments performance and smooth running;
• Certify that the problems are solved effectively and make a preventive maintenance according to service contract;
• Provide training for our customers on how to maintain the equipments and qualified training on how to use them.
• Gather all information from customers and analyze the work, to be sure nothing is neglected;
• Collect and bring back RETURN parts (not used ones) and BROKEN parts to the office;
• Prepare & pass the service report to Service Administrator on the same day for closing service order;
• Report writing for all Preventive Maintenance, Machine Audit and Breakdown Maintenance.
• Finish the other tasks with good quality given by the order;
• Manage the escalation process for every issue;
• Coordinate & work with necessary technical experts within Lectra India and Lectra HQ.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor Degree in Mechanical engineering, with electrical & electronics knowledge
• 5 to 7 years experience as a field engineer or in a customer service department in a high-tech sector
• Familiar with mechanical, electronics and electrical engineering;
• Knowledge on CAD/CAM equipments, network configuration, automation and robotics systems
• Familiar with all Microsoft Windows platforms
• Strong report writing, communication and customer service skills
• Skills to effectively analyze, diagnose & troubleshoot client support needs
• Customer oriented, willing to maximize the customer satisfaction
• Dynamic and willingness to learn
• Fluency in English is a must and required.
• Preferred fluency in Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati, Tamil & Kannada.