PLM Business Consultant
Field of activity:
The PLM Business Consultant is a key contributor in promoting and implementing Lectra’s Product Lifecycle Management software offering.
This position will have responsibilities in the Professional Services area, supporting Account Managers and working with current and prospective clients to capitalize on additional opportunities. The responsibilities will vary between presales support (customer visits, scoping, presenting professional service offer) and after sales support (process assessments, analyzing, measuring, implementing, managing and leading PLM implementation initiatives).
The PLM Solution Consultant contributes and/or is responsible for the main following tasks:
Promote the Lectra offer for PLM solutions in the pre-sale stage:
• Contribute to the qualification of a customer’s business requirements and technology objectives with pre-audits/scoping when necessary
• Present projects to the customers based on the prequalification performed.
• Contribute to the solution definition. Ability to demonstrate the added value of the solution.
• Contribute to the definition of the detailed proposal and implementation plan with project planning scoping and quantification
• Understand the customer’s marketplace and broader PLM community
Manage the project for the implementation of the PLM solution in project delivery:
• Lead the overall design and detailed design of the solution and manage functional workshops
• Approve the specifications and define methodologies
• Guide the customer during the pilot phase, bring the resources necessary to provide assistance and expertise on the solution
• Follow-up and manage issue list for the projects
• Ensure customer satisfaction, project budget and deliverables
• Report to the customer’s and Lectra’s management on the status and milestones of the project
• Gather updated knowledge on our competitors’ offer and customers best practices
Education and Experience:
Bachelor degree in Business studies, Fashion Merchandising or Engineering, discipline or related area will be required.
• Minimum of 10 years working experience, among which, 5+ years direct relevant solution consultative selling experience will be ideal. Experience in Fashion Industries will be preferred
• 2-5 years experience in operational analysis and continuous improvement implementation
• Must be fluent in both written and spoken English
• Advanced technical knowledge and business acumen of the creation, product development & manufacturing processes/operations
• High level of process analysis and synthesis skills, as well as problem identification and resolution abilities.
• Good ability to build and maintain customer relationship, able to interact with senior level decision makers
• First class communication and presentation skills
• Commercial awareness of marketplace and ability to think strategically
• Ability to present a reasoned argument and objections handling skills
• Very good business writing skills
• Team player and ability to work independently
• Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally