TAIWAN, PROVINCE OF CHINA
Sales Manager-Apparel & Footwear
Field of activity:
Chinese traditional, English
Responsible for the development and performance of all sales activities in Taiwan, mainly focus on apparel and footwear market but also include some accounts from other markets. Staffs and directs a sales team and provides leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with Lectra’s vision and values. Establishes plans and strategies to expand the customer base in the sales area. He/she will be in charge of increasing the share of business by selling multiple solutions and projects, managing important accounts and has responsibility for the team sales objective but also his/her own sales objective.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops a business plan and sales strategy for Taiwan market that ensures attainment of Lectra’s sales goals and profitability.
- Responsible for the performance and development of the Account Managers. Prepares action plans by individuals as well as by team for effective search of sales leads and prospects.
- Initiates and coordinates development of action plans to penetrate new accounts.
- Assists in the development and implementation of marketing plans as needed.
- Conducts one-on-one review with all Account Managers to build more effective communications, to understand training and development needs, and to provide insight for the improvement of Account Managers’ sales and activity performance.
- Provides timely feedback to senior management regarding performance.
- Provides timely, accurate, competitive pricing on all completed prospect applications submitted for pricing and approval, while striving to maintain maximum profit margin.
- Maintains accurate records of all pricings, sales, and activity reports submitted by Account Managers.
- Creates and conducts proposal presentations and RFP responses.
- Assists Account Managers in preparation of proposals and presentations.
- Controls expenses to meet budget guidelines.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Recruits, tests, and hires Account Managers based on criteria agreed upon by senior management
- Account Development and Management
- Develop Business Relationships between key accounts and other customers and Lectra in order to ensure a profitable long-term presence within the Accounts’ organizations.
- Develop and implement strong account plans with sound strategies and action plans, leading to the achievement of Lectra objectives with the accounts.
- Achieve or exceed the budgeted sales objectives.
- Business Development of Footwear Market for Greater China
- Develop GC Furniture sales according to the strategy, the profitability and development objectives of the company, and especially in key accounts
- Maximize our markets’ penetration, our service differentiation and the image of the company by ensuring a high standard of service
- Promote Lectra technological know-how
- Train and coach the account managers in developing their skills in Footwear sales project management from pre-sales to delivery
- Follow the sales pipeline and make sure achievement of short, medium and long term targets
- Monitor competition, and market trends knowledge, consolidate and report all information
- Cooperate actively in all aspects of implementing Footwear strategy together with the responsible HQ Manager,
Internal / External Cooperation
- Insures that all Account Managers meet or exceed all activity standards for prospecting calls, appointments, presentations, proposals and closes.
- Delegate authority and responsibility with accountability and follow-up.
- Sets examples for Account Managers in areas of personal character, commitment, organizational and selling skills, and work habits.
- Conducts regular coaching and counseling with Account Managers to build motivation and selling skills.
- Maintains contact with all clients in the market area especially in mainland China and SEA to ensure high levels of client satisfaction.
- Demonstrates ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- University Degree from reputable tertiary institution, preferably in Business Management or Marketing
- 8-10 years of experience in sales management.
- Experience with enterprise solutions and complex deals.
- Extensive experience in Customer Relationship Management.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Able to anticipate the next steps on all activities performed or required;
- Willingness to travel and work in a global team of professionals.
- Proven ability to identify, develop and sell high-value solutions including services within existing and new accounts
- Proven success in large account management and with international accounts
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- The position is based in Taipei;
- Intensive travel in Mainland China and South-east Asia is required