1. POSITION SUMMARY:
The Solution Consultant is a key contributor in promoting and implementing Lectra’s offer for our prospects and customers through demos and trials. The Solution Consultant supports the sales teams in selling our solutions through his contribution during the presales process, demonstrates the benefit of our solutions as defined by the Business Consultant.
2. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The first responsibility of the Solution Consultant is to collect information to properly prepare and run demos and trials and analyses results. The Solution Consultant is responsible for defining the data workflow, IT infrastructure (network, servers) and IT integration and contributes to the project scoping activities led by the Business Consultant.
As the right arm of the Business Consultant and acting as a technical and hands on project lead, the Solution Consultant pilots the SW installation and deployment and ensures an on-site customer support (start of production, customers’ acceptance tests, solution configuration, ramp-up support).
He / she prepares and provides training to end-users and assesses acquired competencies. He / she also designs workshops to address issue or to identify potential improvements (productivity, yield, performance, quality, etc.)
Finally, the Solution Consultant supports the Sales team and Business Consultant (or Project Manager) in the qualification of the project opportunity and the definition of the proposal to answer customer requests during the pre-sales stage.
3. EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor degree in mechanical, electronic, industrial engineering discipline or related area will be required. Master degree will be a strong plus.
• 5 years or above working experience will be a minimum, among which, 3 years direct relevant solution consultancy experience will be ideal. Experience in fashion and/or automotive industry will be preferred, along with the number of different positions occupied covering different levels of the product lifecycle management (Line Planning, Costing, Creation, Pattern design, Manufacturing, Sourcing…)
4. POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
• Ability to install, implement and configure full integrated, technological and complex solutions.
• Capability to identify customer's information needs and provide a solution in terms of services configuration or IT integration.
• Capability to share & transfer relevant knowledge upon people needs, both in terms of technical & tactical skills.
• Capability to define and manage the business goals and scope of change initiatives.
• Capability to investigate, evaluate, analyse and classify data
• Capability to understand and work with various Operating Systems and programming languages as well as networks
• Industry knowledge in xxxxxx (to be adapted according to the type of market the person will be involved in. E.g.: Fashion industry), in terms of strategy, business evolutions & challenges and common operational issues.
• Ability to synthetize and communicate clear messages, adapted & targeted to the different audiences they address.
• Good organizational skills.
• Real team player.
• Good critical thinking, reasoning, evaluating (profitability/risk), problem solving, decision making, analysing.
• Adaptability to various situations, cultures, technical environments.