DesignConcept is an all-in-one virtual prototyping, preliminary costing, product development and pattern preparation solution that enables you to quickly manufacture high quality products without going over budget. It offers unique flexibility for optimizing styles, generating technical specifications and controlling manufacturing costs.
What is DesignConcept?
With DesignConcept 3D, designes can simultaneously create virtual models, evaluate feasibility constraints, calculate preliminary manufacturing costs and share this key decision-making information with stakeholders before producing the first physical model.
Using DesignConcept 2D in association with DesignConcept 3D offers a unique level of flexibility for designing and optimizing patterns.The documentation functions in DesignConcept 2D allow you to quickly create sewing plans, technical documentation for the frame and a Bill of Materials. These specifications are automatically updated whenever changes are made to the original model.
Develop faster, save more with a DesignConcept subscription
- Lower up-front investment and more flexibility (6 month, 1 or 3 year durations)
- IPEA™ and KOYO™ component libraries access (feet, cushions, internal mechanisms)
- Digital learning platform for self-directed software discovery
Benefits of virtual prototyping and product development software
Enhanced style development capabilities
- Parametric modeling of the 3D model from sketches
- 3D simulation of all upholstered furniture types, including tufting and buttoning
- Simultaneous development of models, variants and options
- Photo-realistic 3D upholstered furniture renderings and 3D PDF file creation
- Collaborative development between multiple teams
Faster time to market
- Concurrent foam, frame and upholstery development cuts industrialization time by 30%
- 3D design changes automatically transferred to 2D ready-to-cut patterns
- Create and manage product variants and high volumes of pattern-making information
- Automatic creation of technical specifications and cutting plans for pre-production
Reduced prototyping and manufacturing costs
- Virtual prototyping lowers number of physical prototype iterations by up to 50%
- Costing of fabric and leather use early in the furniture development process
- Automatic nesting of patterns on fabric for costing and physical prototyping
- Remote design reviews
Guaranteed pattern quality
- Assess design and cover viability by taking material characteristics into account
- 3D pattern making for fabric and leather
- 2D flat pattern fine-tuning tool applies shape modifications and ensures accuracy
- Definition of fabric grain lines and leather quality zones for better quality
Optimal user experience and fats solution learning
- Easy to use styling interface and modeling features, regardless of experience
- Smart contextual menus ease design process with useful feature suggestions
- Customizable styling, modeling, upholstery, and rendering templates
- Quick ramp-up with Professional Services and customized training session
Get the latest DesignConcept resources
Zhongli impressed by the latest version of DesignConcept
The famed Chinese furniture brand agreed to serve as a pilot site for the new version of Lectra’s virtual prototyping and product development software. The Vice General Manager and the Product Development Manager share their impressions.
Fast, efficient upholstered Furniture manufacturing? The How
The rigorous demands of today’s ultra-connected consumer, can—and must—be met. With efficiency, collaboration, and minimized production interruption, furniture companies are now able to bring their product to market quicker than ever.
Customization around the world: challenges and solutions
Consumers all around the world are increasingly asking for products they can customize to express their personalities. In order to cater to this new demand, furniture manufacturers are transforming their manufacturing processes.
Formaris and DiaminoFurniture
Formaris lets you quickly develop pattern pieces and production configurations, taking into account specific trim cover and upholstery constraints, whether using fabric or leather. Then, when it comes to marker making, Diamino uses advanced algorithms to generate complicated markers quickly and minimize fabric waste.
Versalis adapts to all production modes and leather types to extract maximum value from every each hide. With intelligent hide scanning and flaw identification, automated multi-hide nesting, and mono- or dual-cutting heads, you can improve yield efficiency by up to 10% and increase productivity by cutting up to 20 hides per hour.
Furniture On Demand by Lectra
Furniture On Demand by Lectra’s powerful combination of a Digital Cutting Platform and single-ply cutting solution delivers an integrated workflow for reduced cycle time. Capitalize on data transfers between IT systems and the cutting room, and a complete cutting line for optimized throughput, agility and cost efficiency.
Your guide to