About our solution
DesignConcept offers unique flexibility for creating and optimizing styles, generating technical specifications and controlling manufacturing costs – so you can get new models to market faster.
Virtual prototyping from a designer’s perspective
“Considering that it takes one to two months to make a prototype, imagine the time savings when you can alter the frame in 3D and see the results immediately - in terms of cost or cutting the wood, foam and fabric.”
Managing Director, Sylvain Joly Design
What You’ll Gain
Enhanced style development capabilities
- Parametric modeling of the 3D model from sketches
- 3D simulation of all upholstered furniture types, including tufting and buttoning
- Simultaneous development of models, variants and options
Faster time to market
- Concurrent development of foam, frame and upholstery
- 3D design changes automatically transferred to 2D production-ready patterns
- Automatic generation of all technical specifications and cutting plans for frame, foam, sewing and cover, and then sent directly to pre-production teams
Reduced prototyping and manufacturing costs
- Virtual prototyping reduces the number of physical prototypes and pattern-making iterations by up to 50%
- Costing of fabric and leather consumption, accessories and labor early in the development process
- Automatic nesting of patterns on fabric for costing and physical prototyping
Guaranteed pattern quality
- Design and trim cover feasibility simulation to increase pattern quality by taking material characteristics into account
- 2D pattern fine-tuning tool applies all shape modifications while ensuring pattern accuracy
- Definition of fabric grain lines and leather quality zones for better finished quality in automated cutting
See for yourself
DesignConcept in action
See how DesignConcept can help you shorten development cycles, minimize waste, easily modify designs, and make accurate costing decisions at the earliest stages of your design process
Fill out the form below and we will contact you soon regarding DesignConcept
Versalis adapts to all production modes and leather types to extract maximum value from every each hide. With intelligent hide scanning and flaw identification, automated multi-hide nesting, and mono- or dual-cutting heads, you can improve yield efficiency by up to 10% and increase productivity by cutting up to 20 hides per hour.
Formaris and Diamino
Formaris lets you quickly develop pattern pieces and production configurations, taking into account specific trim cover and upholstery constraints, whether using fabric or leather. Then, when it comes to marker making, Diamino uses advanced algorithms to generate complicated markers quickly and minimize fabric waste.
FURNITURE ON DEMAND BY LECTRA
Furniture On Demand by Lectra’s powerful combination of a Digital Cutting Platform and single-ply cutting solution delivers an integrated workflow for reduced cycle time. Capitalize on data transfers between IT systems and the cutting room, and a complete cutting line for optimized throughput, agility and cost efficiency.